Thursday, June 2, 2011

Intro to Red Level

My name is Mark Harris and I am a retired teacher in Taylor County, Georgia.   You can see my interests in my profile.  Those are the things I'll be writing about mostly.   My most dear Earthly interest is my family.  I didn't list them, but I'll be writing about them a whole lot.

I was born in a farm house South of Butler, GA in Taylor County.  There is a large, flat area of relatively rich red and black soil surrounded by a sea of Upper and Middle Coastal Plain sand.  As long as I can remember, that area has been called The Butler Level, or more often, The Red Level.  That's where my screen name on various fora as well as this blog comes from.   When I was growing up in the 50s and early 60s, it was a matter of pride with me that my family owned land on The Red Level.  Still is.

Today I am retired from teaching in the public schools in TC.    I still farmed up until 2006, when spinal fusion surgery, then shoulder joint replacement surgery a year later ended my serious farming.  Now I piddle with a garden at the farm my wife (Bunny) inherited from her parents.   I spend a lot of time surfing the net, and stirring the pot on the various gun, hunting, and political fora I frequent.

In my profile picture, I am trying to sight-in a Ruger Vaquero with a 3.5 inch barrel I bought before Christmas.   I load my own ammo for the various .45 Colt and .38 special pistols I shoot.

More later.

1 comment: